Read the article – Farmer rejects £275m from developers for his Sussex land in fight against building sprawl on green areas
Answer the following questions, based on the first seven paragraphs of the article:
- What is the Lambs group?
- What objections do the Lambs group have to the potential development?
- Arable land has been selling for between £7,000 and £10,000 per acre in the southeast of England recently. The Mayfield Market Town development company are offering £275 million for 550 acres, how much is this per acre? Why do you think the developers are prepared to pay more than £10,000 per acre for the land?
- Apart from the proposed houses, what other infrastructure are the Mayfield Market Town developers offering to build?
- What two reasons do the developers think strengthen their position?
- Do you think the farmer should sell the land to the developers or not? Explain your answer.
- Use the photograph to generate twenty words to describe the geography in the image above.
- Compare and contrast the example from West Sussex with the situation in Kenya in this article: Farmers Fight Real Estate Developers for Kenya’s Most Prized Asset: Land